Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering.....

Nine Years ago today, I married my best friend! It's a hard day for us in some respects. The 911 tragedy in 2001 takes its place in history after the day became our anniversary. I can remember going to dinner in 2001, and after being at work all day, I finally saw the trade towers on the television, and started sobbing, right during the dinner. The fact that I was pregnant didn't really help anything. Who wanted to bring a child into this world of chaos and terror? But alas, I'm so glad that we did!

Today, I want to concentrate on the good things about this day (there are many). We were married on my grandparent's 50th Wedding anniversary - So HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Nana and Papa! Today, you celebrate 59! Wohoo!

I remember the whole planning up until this time, and how nervous I was. It was terrible. I wanted a smaller wedding. But now, in retrospect, as I look back at the pictures, and the people who do not share this big earth with us any longer, I'm happy that they could celebrate our day with us! I'm happy that we got married on September 11th. It was a beautiful night (a Friday night), and the music was lovely (string quartet). The flowers and church were all transformed by my talented FIL's hand with the flowers and trees. The service was beautiful and moving. The reception - a total blast! The funny boys who stayed on my little porch stoop until 3:00 or 4:00 am (on my wedding night, mind you), so dear to us! Frank, did you finally eat that WHOLE layer of cake by yourself? :)


And to my DH - you're wonderful! Everything that we've shared these past 9 years has been an adventure. You have been by my side at the worst of times, the best of times, the times where we truck on through the mediocrity of every day living. But the thing is, it's not really mediocre. You make it special. I love you with all of my heart! :)

PS - Perhaps it's the fact that you can lift turtles out of tanks with your bare hands! HA HA HA!

No comments: