Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

No pics, but I just had to comment on the lovely "fallish" weather today. It was so great to sit and knit on Nana's deck, with the warm sunshine, the breeze (a bit brisk), and just peaceful clicking of my knitting needles, my daughters laughing and enjoying my Nana and Aunt Adie. Here's a shout out for our family friend, Noreen - sign up and start a blog - you can do it!
I'm trying my hardest not to have "startitis." I need to finish some projects before putting more on the needles. I am really itching to start the Chevron Scarf from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" but every time I pick a color combination.....well, I decide on another. So today, I might have purchased some lovely yarn on Etsy (don't you just love Etsy), from Fearless Fibers shop. I've never tried her yarn, so depending on my color choices, it may turn out to be the scarf, or some really nice socks. Terrific yardage on her sock skeins - something crazy like 500 yards.....can hardly wait to get it. I've heard rave reviews.
Speaking of waiting......I left home this morning for my DD's soccer game, and haven't been home since. I hope that my Woolgirl sock club package is on the doorstep......What fun! You can check out all the bloggy goodness over at Wool Girl's Sock Club blog.
Tonight is my nephew's college graduation party - must start the pasta salad that's due in less than an hour! Oh MY!!!!
It was still, "a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood." Miss you Mr. Rogers! P.S. He was a frequent commencement speaker at our college for graduation ceremonies!
Hopefully more pics soon! :)

No comments: