Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wollmeise on the Way!

I've decided it's pretty hard to keep the complete content of this blog devoted to knitting and the fiber arts (well, I don't spin yet, but there is a spinning wheel in my house), as you can tell by the last entry. It's horrendously hot around here, and last night, I was actually sweating while knitting the Dancing Leaf Shawl. It's a pretty thick Merino yarn, thicker than worsted weight, and in my humble, relative newbie opinion, it's more of a bulky yarn. But it is a real pleasure to knit. You can check out their yarn at http://www.dancingleaffarm.com/ One can also buy the yarn at http://woolgirl.net/index.html Jen at Woolgirl doesn't carry the exact type of yarn that I'm knitting, but she carries different varieties of their wool, and has a nice selection. She's super nice to shop with!


On to the title of this post - I have four skeins of Wollmeise superwash sock yarn on the way! WOW! I can hardly wait! I ordered a skein from Sheri at The Loopy Ewe (http://www.theloopyewe.com/), another one of my favorite on-line yarn stores. I fell in love with this yarn. I haven't knit with it yet, but the colors are just fabulous! I take it out every day and just stare at it! I've heard people complain that it does twist a bit when you knit, but the colors are so fab, that sometimes things like that can be overlooked for the overall good of the project! It's a fabulous 500 + yards (almost 600). For those of you who missed Wollmeise at the Loopy Ewe, I think it's easy to order directly from Claudia at Wollmeise. It's the same cost, even with overseas shipping. Don't get me wrong, I love The Ewe, and I love Sheri, I'm just saying, this yarn is IN DEMAND. It didn't last 3 hours on the Ewe site when it was posted. Amazing! So, if you feel the need to get some before Sheri's next stocking, it's not that hard to do! But in your spare time - please support The Ewe! :)

I'm trying to get my DH to photo my projects to post, but just so you are aware, the pics take about 12 minutes each to download (love me the dial-up connection).



P.S. I did my work-out tonight, with all this heat - 30 minutes - walked 2 miles with Leslie Sandsone. I don't feel like anything is happening yet, but I'm sleeping a bit better! On to laundry and knitting (some smaller project tonight).

No comments: