Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Finally - A Post and Some Pics

Ok - here's the deal. It's been horrendous, this being my 9th day of work in a row! I'm exhausted, both physically and mentally. Today I came home from work, and I went to bed. You know, nice damp, rainy weather, warm blanket, kids aren't home yet, and DH still at work. Well, DH brings the kids home, and cooks supper for us all (I'm still sleeping). How blessed I am! He's amazing! Tonight and last night I got to knit a little of the second Quince sock - hopefully pictured to your left - but you never know with my blogging skills. It might be at the top. We'll see. (It's at the left - YEAH!)! But it's coming along nicely, and I'm ready to start the heel. So, don't fret Adie! They'll hopefully be done by the time you arrive in September.


Also up on the pics - the sweater I started at jury duty selection in July (I have not worked on this on a regular basis since then). It's bright pink (Peruvian Pink, to be exact), and it's Nature Spun Worsted - "The American Work Horse." What a name! It's a simple top down sweater, and I love to knit this pattern. I can actually watch TV while happily knitting along. I have one of these sweaters finished in Platte Blue for my youngest. It's really nice. Hopefully this one will look nice on my neice, with her dark hair and blue eyes! :)

So tonight I bugged out of going to the movies with my friends from book club...I was just too tired (see pathetic story above). They were going to see "Becoming Jane." This month, we are reading the final installment of the Harry Potter Series. I'm rather impressed that we have book club and craft night in such a rural area! Again, I'm blessed.

Seeing a this has been a rather lame post, I'll end now. Hope you are all getting some knitting done and enjoying the last days of summer! I'm working, in case you were wondering.......



No comments: