Sunday, January 6, 2008

This and That......

There is knitting being done, though the title of this post doesn't really indicate that....I finished the Shibui Knits sock (the first one) last night. I made my peace with it in the end. No, I haven't cast on the second one yet, but I am contemplating it, just to have them done. This is what I mean about being discerning about what I knit. I'm not loving the yarn, and that fact is making it harder to WANT to knit with it. I'll feature them when there are two socks finished. In its defense...it does feel nice on the foot.
So here's photos of some more Christmas presents....

A cool t-shirt that I'm wearing today from my Aunt. I think she got it at work? I'm not sure. It's a fundraiser to save the theatre in Franklin, TN. I love the brown color, and it's very soft. It's so strange that it's warm enough here in PA to just wear a t-shirt in January! My DH is cheering that it is warm, because the cost of heating oil is outrageous. We have an older home that requires oil for heat......YIKES! Good thing I was on the exercise bike at the gym last week when they (News anchor) announced that oil prices were over $100/barrel. Let's just say that the report "fueled" my pedaling!

My parents got us this cool JBL onstage for our iPods. It has really great sound, and came with a carrying case/remote. I like it. I played my iPod loud and proud yesterday while cleaning....
They also gave us a gift-certificate for a 6 month family membership at the local gym. YEAH!


And just to prove that Tea-towels have many uses....this one under the berry wreath and vase is from Crate and Barrel. I love the colors! They are a little dark in this picture, but could you expect anything else from me, alias wonderful photographer? :)


This afternoon, I'm spending quality time with my mother, and it involves an "I"-sized crochet hook.......hmmm.........a walk on the "dark" side. :) JK!

PS - I hate dial-up internet access. We STILL have it, because DSL is STILL not available here. I wonder how all of this will work with my new job, and the amount of computer documentation that is necessary for the job. UGH! I'm still waiting for my photos to upload (we are talking over 45 minutes now)! I had to upload them twice, since they were almost downloaded, and then, suddenly, blogger couldn't locate the dang server! UGH!
PS #2 - Dial-Up Rant finished. :)

2 comments:

peaknits said...

Nice t-shirt! And dock for the ipod, aren't they just the greatest? Good luck with that crochet hook, don't forget your knitting friends - haha!:) (I've been known to fool around on the side with a hook from time to time!)

Unknown said...

Great pressies! You cleaned up. I especially like that ipod deck. I was looking for something like that. We don't have a system to listen to music out loud instead of with headphones.