Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New Post, New Job, One FO!

New Post...two in one week. Aren't you amazed? I am. But lately it doesn't take a lot to astonish me. It's been quite a week so far, and it's only Wednesday.
First off, I almost bought a car last night, but wasted precious time and gas (Hello, it's $3.09/gallon here)to deal with lying salesmen who don't do their homework. Believe me, I do mine. I like to think I'm a bit of a haggler (and I can crunch numbers better than most people). I whip out my own calculator in these circumstances. I'm sure I'm not fooling anyone, but I feel better! I hate buying cars, and I need to get a more fuel economic car.....and I secretly want my 5 speed back......because - I GOT A NEW JOB! Can you tell that I'm excited! They finally called to confirm yesterday, and in January I'll be starting a new job. I'm both nervous and excited. Change is change you know! I gave them my unofficial notice yesterday, and I'm handing in the written one today. It is with mixed emotion that I do this, but I know that I need to make a change.

On the knitting news front, One sweater for my darling niece is now a FO (except to weave in the ends). I may, if time permits, backstitch some flowers on the front to add visual interest. It's a super easy pattern, and I knit this in the 2-4 size. I think it will be a little big for her, but the gauge is correct. I'm knitting one like it for her brother - it's on the needles now, and it's navy blue. Her younger sister gets a smaller version in Victorian Pink. It is not on the needles.

Yesterday, the Yarn Harlot just had to mention that there were only 43 knitting days 'til Christmas! That means 42 today! AGH! Do we need more pressure? I am collecting other gifts to give, just in case. But I do like Dorie recommends in "Nemo" - "Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting...." Actually, she was swimming, but you get the picture! :)

No comments: