Monday, October 15, 2007

Vacation Post!

A post from vacation. No pics, as I didn't bring my own camera. My aunt has a great camera, so I didn't feel the need. Now I just need to plead with her to take some pics of my knitting. She promises to do so after her morning ritual. She works evenings, so our mornings are later here, and I love it! It's an all girls week, and we are having a blast! Lots of laughing, giggling, eating, drinking, shopping, some knitting, reading, and yesterday a bead show. Today is PJ day, and I can't believe I'm still in mine! I never do this, but it feels wonderful.
On the knitting front, the green socks from two post ago, yeah well, they didn't quite get finished before I left. My DD didn't have them on her pillow, but they did get finished on the driving trip here. I was going to mail them to her, but figured I wanted to give them to her in person. She sent the coolest e-mail to my aunt. It said that all she wanted from me (because I asked her what I should bring back for her as a treat) was a cool t-shirt and for me to come back safely. AWWWW......
I'm saving this e-mail, so that when she starts the usual teenager stuff, I can read and remember! Love ya honey! Are you reading Mama's blog while I'm away? I hope so! :)
I also cast on for Maine Morning Mitts from Clara P's Knitter's Review last week. Pattern is free, and if I weren't working on a MAC (little bit lost here), I would link you to the PDF, but not quite sure how to work the whole MAC thing. I'm using Noro Kureyon. Don't ask what the color number is either on the Noro, because after all....it's PJ day, and the wrapper is in another room, and I don't feel like getting off my tush! Happy vacation to me!

PS - I got money back from my last Wollmeise order - apparently I don't have to pay the tax! WAHOO!! Love you Wollmeise! Maybe I'll skein and cast on today. It's on my list.......if lists are allowed on vacation.

1 comment:

Crochet Renee said...

Amazing how much yarn we were able to bring home, mostly thanks to your good packing ability. Learned from the best(Dad). Had a great week with the girls.