Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mindless Knitting


I'll admit it. I am cheating on the FLS. Last night, after spending all day with my sick daughter, and then having a pager attached to my side (it's attached until 8:00 am this morning), I needed something mindless to do with my hands. I don't consider the gull lace pattern of the FLS to be mindless. While it's certainly not the most intricate lace pattern I've ever knit, it does beg my full attention. So, last night I cast on for a scarf for my SIL. I had promised her the one that was being knit in Yarn Pirate fingering wt yarn, but it's another 16 row repeat of lace, and not mindless either. So, I cast on for this lovely in Malabrigo. It's the Hummingbird colorway. This colorway is very pretty, and it has the lime green in it that will match her winter coat (it's also hard to photograph, but most everything is for me). The pattern is the very effective, Scrunchable scarf pattern. Quick. Easy. Simple. Just what I needed. And Malabrigo..........mmmmm......one of my favorites!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Gorgeous colorway!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Looks neat. I think this may be something I could try to start, don't you think? Send me the pattern.....:)

Unknown said...

How lovely! A malabrigo scarf is a fantastic gift.

Hope the pager didn't ring too often!

Kim said...

Hope your daughter is feeling well again. Being sick is awful. The scarf, however, is gorgeous. What pattern are you using? What a very lucky person to have you as a SIL!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sometimes mindless knitting is exactly what we all need! Gorgeous scarf!!