Sunday, September 20, 2009

Anniversary Ampersands


On September 11th, we celebrated our wedding anniversary. When we got married in 1998, I thought I would pick a day he couldn't forget (9/11), and then it became a day we all remember.

And even though there is sadness to the day, we do celebrate. We had a nice dinner (no children with us). He gave me a dozen yellow roses, my very favorite. I gave him:

Ampersands (Ravelry pattern)
A quick and dirty pattern that produces nice results with hand-painted yarns.
Size US #2 needles, magic loop method
Yarn: STR medium weight in the color, Treehugger
I personally love the heel flaps!


The best present was watching him put them on last night before bed...I love to see recipients wear their knitted gifts. It's been 11 years since we were married, and I can say that I'm still one lucky woman! And he's a man with some sexy socks!





3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Awwww....I didn't realize they were anniversary socks! That's even sweeter! So glad he liked them :)

Unknown said...

I have a younger cousin that's going to get married on that date next year. I think it's a good idea to look upon the good of that date instead of the bad.

Happy belated anniversary! Those are lovely socks.

peaknits said...

Sexy socks - I love it! Tey are gorgeous, and so thoughtful. Happy belated anniversary!