Wednesday, July 29, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog......

Why do I blog? Let me count the ways. I blog, therefore, I am. Nah...doesn’t seem appropriate for this blog, since I rarely write or post anything. Speaking of blogging....is that a verb (I’ll blog about that next week), a noun (Come view my blog), or an adjective (I heard about that from my blogger friends)? Has anyone every researched it in the dictionary? I know I haven’t.

As you can see I’ve got more than knitting ADD at this time. My job is in limbo, as our little community hospital announced its decision to sell us (home health division) to another company about three months ago. We still don’t know who will be buying us or anything specific. Work is unusually busy (we are short-staffed of course), and I’m worn out. I’ve been on-call 4 out of the past 6 nights, and I’m in dire need of sleep. I can’t seem to focus on one thing too long these days. But, onward with this post…..

On the knitting front, I realized how many projects I needed to finally finish. The number was simply staggering. I do declare that starting a project is much more interesting than finishing one. Especially one that I’m slightly as interested in as much as I like to watch the weeds grow in my flower beds....


So, first up in my line of finished things:
Rainbow socks from Woolgirl’s Wizard of Oz club.
Yarn: Zen String Lotus Toes in “Over The Rainbow” colorway
Needles: Size US 1.5 (2.5 mm), done using Magic Loop Method
Pattern: “Over the Rainbow” by Lisa Dykstra
(mods - I did a toe-up version, instead of cuff-down, switching the pattern’s garter stitch heel and toe to a stockinette stitch heel and toe).
Stay tuned for more escapades regarding the finished knitting. I might post my to-knit list as well. It might make you laugh, if you know me well enough! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the job front. That's so stressful. Hopefully it'll all turn out ok. And if not, you'll find something bigger and better.

peaknits said...

I totally understand your wondering where blogging fits in your life - hence my own break. Sometimes, life gets in the way - and I have ADD all over the place right now. Not making for interesting blogging here. Good luck with your job situation!

Unknown said...

I couldn't find your email. But the baby sweater is on Ravelry under Cabled Raglan Baby Sweater. I edited my blog post to include a link. Hope all is going well!