Monday, April 6, 2009

Four Square and One Month Ago....


Four square and one month ago, this knit blogger brought forth her work on a Log Cabin blanket, made out of Noro Kureyon. Its initial progress was stalled, due to many circumstances, the least of which, being the dead of summer heat. I took this project out of hibernation after reading Morticcia's blog post about her log cabin project, about a month ago. I promptly knit four more squares on mine, and it has again been placed in hibernation, probably until this summer! HA!

I know that many of you are waiting to hear about our fabulous trip to Florida! Sadly, no pictures yet, as DH took them all, and he has yet to download them to the computer. He has given us actual prints though, which doesn't help those of you in cyberland who don't get to see me in person. Please know this. If you are thinking about a new charity to donate your time or money to, consider the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It was a truly fabulous trip, and one we will never forget. Starting with a limo ride (over 3 hours long) to the Philadelphia airport, fabulous accommodations (spa/resort right on the beach in Clearwater), and first rate treatment at the ball park (picture of Cole Hamels), including seeing my daughter throw out the first pitch of the game. We were all truly excited and exhausted, as I had worked the five days preceding the trip, and the five days after the trip, including overtime, and on-call hours. It was insane. I still feel tired!

My next "little" trip is of course, Maryland Sheep and Wool - always the first full weekend in May. Mom and I have our hotel room booked, and I'm stoked (there's an 80's word for all of you). I have taken a long weekend from work (4 days off in a row - a real treat). I'm completely looking forward to some time away, and some time with my mom and other fiber fanatics!


PS - I hope to have the FLS ready to go for this event - one more sleeve! :) It seems to fit (the sweater), if not a smidge big. But, and I'll admit this now.....I'm knitting with sport-wt yarn, and my gauge was a tad bit off. So I did what every smart knitter does (ignored gauge and knit the larger size). Someday I might grow up to be a reponsible knitter. For now, ignorance is bliss.

What have you been knitting this past month?

4 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad you had such a great time. Make a Wish is such a fabulous organization..truly amazing! Have tons of fun at the wool festival...hey that's totally tubular dude!:) Try to get some rest too..can't wait to see what you come home with! Love those Noro colors!

tapmouse said...

The trip sounds like it was absolutely wonderful and a real wish come true for Lauren! Thanks for sharing her story.

Your log cabin color are gorgeous! But yeah, I totally 'get' the hibernation thing. Some knitting just doesn't grip us the way others do.

Enjoy your Flock and Fiber trip with your mom! Those are the East Coast events that us West Coasters envy!

Unknown said...

So glad to hear Lauren, you and the rest of your family had a wonderful time w/the Phillies.

Ironically, my word verification is enzymed.

Robin said...

I don't know how I missed this post when I've read your blog. These squares are gorgeous! The color and the dimensional look of each one. Just beautiful.