Monday, April 27, 2009

Slacker

It sounds as though this post might be the title for a new heavy metal song and considering that I've been listening to Seether lately, anything is possible. Seether is more up my hubby's alley, but lately I like listening to heavy metal at times. Other times, you will find me driving down the road with NPR playing. I'm nothing if not eclectic.
Contrary to this post, I have been knitting, and reading about knitting. I do read your blogs, and my latest magazines and books.
But we can talk about that later....

Here's my latest finish, which really isn't anything great, but it's an FO!
Lettuce Knit Socks
STR Medium Weight (in the Lettuce Knit Colorway)
Garter Stitch Rib (nice and mindless)
Needle size #2 (2.75mm)
Made for me, size 7 feet.
I hope it's cool enough to wear them at Maryland Sheep and Wool this weekend.

Maryland Sheep and Wool - can it be that time of year already? :) It certainly is! I can't wait! I have a long weekend off from work - 4 days in a row. I have not had this much time off of work since last fall. My mom and I are traveling to Maryland on Friday night, and coming home Sunday afternoon. I'm taking Monday off of work to recover, and hang out around the house. It's in some desperate need of attention!

In other news.....look for another post this week. I've finished the FLS - I just need to weave in ends, sew on the buttons, and I'm finished, finished, finished!

Don't mind my weeds.....I'm not a gardener, and neither do I aspire to be one. There's just not enough time in the day, and I do enjoy my sleep!
Have a great week!

5 comments:

JoAnn said...

Delurking to comment on your socks. The colors are very nice and, who doesn't need a simple sock pattern once in awhile. Love the staging by the tulips.

I've also been know to sing along with Pink Floyd in my car....

Dawn said...

Love the socks and can't wait to hear about your trip to the festival!

Adie said...

I LOVE the colors in the socks. I was at an eclectic shop this morning your DH would have loved, called "Smack," displaying all kinds of Heavy Metal T's and such. Why t'were I there, you ask? :) Checking out possible T's for my soon to be trip to the Woodstock Museum! Ye-Haw. Have fun in Maryland!

Kim said...

Socks are gorgeous. Maybe I will see you in MD on Saturday! Check the weather. Have fun!!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such pretty socks!!! That's a colorway that hasn't jumped into my stash yet! But I love it!

Have an awesome time at MDSW!! Take lots of pictures and enjoy!!!!