Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy!

Busy, Busy, Busy! We're busy with school, soccer, finishing the move (The realtor for our old home takes the realm tomorrow), and busy with life in general. Knitting time has been scarce and precious.

But I did cast on for this project at a baseball game the other week. Who needed to watch the Yankee's play their minor league game anyway? :) If you recall, we are all about the Phillies around here.
In the knitting realm, I'm all about the Madelinetosh Yarn lately......
Here's a Chickadee Cowl in Mansfield Garden Party colorway, sport weight yarn - destash from Zonda, and paid for with my Yarntini destash. Gosh, I love yarn swaps! :)
Pattern: FREE - Chickadee Cowl by Kirsten Kapur - modified to fit sport weight yarn.
Needles: US#8 Bamboo
Yarn described above.

The only problem with this project is that I'm a yarn "thrower", and there is a lot of wasted hand movement when I'm knitting this project. But the fabulous color and woven effect of the linen stitch make it all worth the while.


I'm really enjoying the cooler, almost fall weather we're having this week in PA. It' s my favorite time of the year. I hope you're enjoying your knitting where you are too!

4 comments:

Zonda said...

Oooh! Looking awesome!

Robin said...

That's a neat stitch pattern.

peaknits said...

That is coming along wonderfully - it will be pretty and cozy!

Renee said...

very pretty!