Monday, June 22, 2009

This and That.......

I know. I know. It's been another two weeks since the last post. The lack of action on this blog is pitiful, but please know that I've been knitting. I just haven't posted lately.
So, for all you knitting fans....the latest pair of completed socks. I finished them a couple of weeks ago, but have been negligent in photographing anything of late.

Duckie socks (free pattern on Ravelry)
Size US #2 needles
Yarn: Sportweight Yarntini in the Gimlet colorway (LOVE YARNTINI)!

This pattern is perfect for sport weight yarn. The simple 4 row pattern repeat keeps it interesting, but doesn't drive you crazy. It's a great traveling project, and the results are spectacular. I'm definitely knitting this pattern again.
I have a few patterns I want to conquer before I do this pattern repeat though!

I'm currently working on the "Over the Rainbow" sock kit from Woolgirl's Oz sock club. It's a very easy knit in the gorgeous Zen String yarn. I'm doing the socks toe-up, and the first sock is almost finished. I'll post about it soon. Really, I promise!

Lastly, this weekend we went to visit my brother, who lives near Pittsburgh. These are some pictures of the city from Friday night, probably close to midnight. Todd and I drove out after work on Friday night. We were all exhausted, but we still managed to "bring the crazy" to my brother's house - something like 15 people in one house, having a big ole' slumber party. It was nuts, but it was fun.

And as you can see, we (the siblings three) are a little left of center as usual. On the left is my youngest brother, Jeremy. Me in the middle (the oldest), and my brother Greg on the right. We are still attempting to correct that dang genetic thing that makes all of our noses veer to the right. Seriously, the ENT doctor once asked me if I had fractured my nose.....nope. Just genetics. REALLY!

Have a great week!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the pic with your brothers...tooo cute!:) I'm gonna have to try that pattern, its awesome looking!

Gigi said...

Cute socks -- love that they're sport weight. Will be adding them to my looonnnng queue.

peaknits said...

The socks are gorgeous! I love yarntini too! What a gorgeous cityscape!

Morticcia said...

Hey girl. Looks like you had a great time. I feel all "separated at birth," as I, too, have a brother in Pittsburgh.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such pretty pretty socks! Perfect for summer!

love that last photo!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love yarntini!!!

Robin said...

Great socks and cute picture!