Monday, September 1, 2008

Some Rest At Long Last

This Labor Day weekend was just that for me - a string of Labor Days....I've worked 10 hours of overtime since Friday night. I'm exhausted. I hate to admit it, friends, but I was too tired to pick up the needles. I'm looking forward to a nice break from work today and tomorrow. Actually, although our work schedule looks busy for the next couple of days, I'm only working 5 days between now and next Wednesday, when we leave for a trip to Vermont. I'm so excited! :)

I'm a bit too tired to post much that would be coherent, but here's some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Yarn Pirate Merino/Tencel blend in the "Kate" colorway. This is a Christmas present for my sister-in-law. This yarn is perfect for her fair skin and blond hair (so different from my family, it should add some pretty color to her already pretty face), and it will go beautifully with the beautiful tan suede coat my parents bought her last year. Incidentally, my sister-in-law's name is "Kate." Go-figure!
It's a simple lace repeat pattern that you can find on Wendy's blog. It's a great traveling project.
And YP merino/tencel is THE perfect yarn for a nice lacy scarf.


Lastly, some socks I cast on last week in a fit of boredom. I became tired of knitting socks that had simple patterns. These are Friday Harbor Socks by Nancy Bush, knit in STR in the Love in Idleness Colorway. It's pooling a bit as most STR does, but I like it, and the pattern is challenging, and goes so quickly. I've learned that sock patterns that make me think, rearrange stitches, etc., actually seem to be quicker knits - hmmmm..........
I do have to admit to this being the most difficult sock I've knit so far. If they turn out like I hope they do, I may try a Firestarter, but will definitely knit a toe-up, no particular pattern, sock first. I may be tired, but I'm not senseless....YET! :)

Happy Labor Day!

6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh that scarf is gorgeous!! I agree, perfect yarn! And very pretty sock!!

And to answer your question on the blog...where's the yarn? Well, one of the drawers was full of some of my STR and the rest is still organized nicely in my bedroom closet. It was more about getting the other stuff organized!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I got that Love in Idleness now. It's gorgeous knitted up!

Hope you've gotten some rest this week. Long days in nursing are MUCH tougher than long days at my office job. They just leave me physically and mentally drained.

Morticcia said...

I totally agree about patterned socks knitting up quicker in one's mind.

The scarf is coming along well.

Hope you're getting that much needed rest up in VT.

Morticcia said...

Hey Kristin, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you and your blog for an award:

http://twoknitsofivory.blogspot.com/2008/09/gift-horse-heer-iz-meee-lewkng-in-ur.html

Morticcia said...

(Totally threadjacking your comments here, but...)

I totally agree with the sense of the blog sometimes feeling like just another thing on the to-do list.

When that's the case it's best left untouched. Who needs more responsibilities?

I'd rather be enjoying the short time we have here on planet earth and keep only the must-do's on the to-do list.

KnittingMoose said...

Love that sock yarn color!

I'm going to try and get back into blogging and commenting. We'll see how it goes! :)