Thank you for Friday (this week)....
Here's what happened today:
1) My patient load was significantly reduced. I'm talking I only had to work 3 hours today. Wonderful! What a nice break. I decided to do some shopping at the new shopping complex that has sprouted in our area. Ok, it's really 35 minutes away from me, but so is the nearest grocery store of any significance.
2) The new complex, or "Market Place", as it is referred to, has a Target, among other stores. I am not a big Target shopper, namely because there simply are not stores in our area. But today, I became a Target shopper. I did manage to pick up some needed things (I'm the snack mom this weekend for both soccer games....so snacks and juice abound, as do 7.58 lbs of bananas). I also found some things we didn't need - leave it to me to continue shopping in poor economic times, for the girls. I bought Christmas outfits, and the CUTEST red pea coat for my youngest! It's fabulous, and I'm sure a hug will await me when she lays eyes on it! The girls are also recipients of some cute Halloween tee-shirts!
3) Said Target has a STARBUCKS. I know, most of you aren't impressed, but would you be if I told you the nearest Starbucks is 1.5 hours away? Yes, I had my caramel macchiato today. YUM!
4) I stopped briefly at the "real" mall, and purchased my Estee Lauder make-up and some White Linen powder for my Nana, who celebrated her 84th birthday last weekend! You Rock, Nana! Happy Birthday! I got a free gift from Estee Lauder (OK, it's not free - have you seen the cost of that make-up? But it's the best brand for my skin)!
5) I arrived home to unload the car, and I received a package of the most coveted yarn in the mail in a swap from a fellow Raveler. I have been yearning for this yarn for months. Here it is in all its glory! It's Wollmeise sock yarn - 100% superwash, in the Flower Power Colorway. I'm not sure why this color speaks to me. It's not my usual colors at all. But every time I look at this skein of yarn, I smile. I'm not sure yet what it's destined to be. I'm thinking something other than socks....have any suggestions or ideas? Drop them in the comments section.
6) I started another fingering weight scarf for my other SIL for Christmas. Don't ask. This is knit with the Noro sock yarn. I'll report on it more as it advances in length. I love the colors of Noro (and I love the Knit Picks Harmony needles). Smooth and nice and stabby, without hurting my hands! Not loving the yarn so much.
7) Lastly, this is the view from my backyard. How about that? God has His paintbrush out these days....isn't it the most beautiful canvas!
How was your Friday?