Friday, October 10, 2008

The End of The Week

Thank you for Friday (this week)....
Here's what happened today:
1) My patient load was significantly reduced. I'm talking I only had to work 3 hours today. Wonderful! What a nice break. I decided to do some shopping at the new shopping complex that has sprouted in our area. Ok, it's really 35 minutes away from me, but so is the nearest grocery store of any significance.
2) The new complex, or "Market Place", as it is referred to, has a Target, among other stores. I am not a big Target shopper, namely because there simply are not stores in our area. But today, I became a Target shopper. I did manage to pick up some needed things (I'm the snack mom this weekend for both soccer games....so snacks and juice abound, as do 7.58 lbs of bananas). I also found some things we didn't need - leave it to me to continue shopping in poor economic times, for the girls. I bought Christmas outfits, and the CUTEST red pea coat for my youngest! It's fabulous, and I'm sure a hug will await me when she lays eyes on it! The girls are also recipients of some cute Halloween tee-shirts!

3) Said Target has a STARBUCKS. I know, most of you aren't impressed, but would you be if I told you the nearest Starbucks is 1.5 hours away? Yes, I had my caramel macchiato today. YUM!
4) I stopped briefly at the "real" mall, and purchased my Estee Lauder make-up and some White Linen powder for my Nana, who celebrated her 84th birthday last weekend! You Rock, Nana! Happy Birthday! I got a free gift from Estee Lauder (OK, it's not free - have you seen the cost of that make-up? But it's the best brand for my skin)!

5) I arrived home to unload the car, and I received a package of the most coveted yarn in the mail in a swap from a fellow Raveler. I have been yearning for this yarn for months. Here it is in all its glory! It's Wollmeise sock yarn - 100% superwash, in the Flower Power Colorway. I'm not sure why this color speaks to me. It's not my usual colors at all. But every time I look at this skein of yarn, I smile. I'm not sure yet what it's destined to be. I'm thinking something other than socks....have any suggestions or ideas? Drop them in the comments section.

6) I started another fingering weight scarf for my other SIL for Christmas. Don't ask. This is knit with the Noro sock yarn. I'll report on it more as it advances in length. I love the colors of Noro (and I love the Knit Picks Harmony needles). Smooth and nice and stabby, without hurting my hands! Not loving the yarn so much.

7) Lastly, this is the view from my backyard. How about that? God has His paintbrush out these days....isn't it the most beautiful canvas!

How was your Friday?

9 comments:

peaknits said...

What a great day! I love that Wollmeise and the view - oy vey - breathtaking:) And Target - you can never go wrong there!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving that coffee cup, more than anything. Hallelujah for Starbucks showing up in Snyder County -- FINALLY! (P.S. Like the yarn colors too) :)

~ Lindy ~ said...

I like the VIEW! I haven't seen a corn field like that in a long time! And yes, Adie....Hallelujah for Starbucks in Snyder County! I had my Skim Venti Mocha earlier today! The yarn.....looks like hat and mittens to me! Great colors!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

I think I could sacrifice having a Target 35 minutes away if the view from my backyard looked like that!! Gorgeous!!

And my sister would not survive if the nearest Starbucks was 1.5 hours away, or even 35 minutes :) Sounds like you had a perfect Friday!

Morticcia said...

What I wouldn't do for a view like that!!! Someday hubby will go rural. Someday!

I love those short days, it's like a vacation day really. And a productive one.

So it looks like you've come over to the dark side with the knit picks, eh? I do not regret making that investment at all!

That Noro colorway is gorgeous! And the Flower Power Wollmeise? I understand that pull of a anomalous colorway, and on top of that it's Wollmeise.

knittingma said...

What a beautiful view! I really like your Noro scarf--kudos to you for knitting a fingering weight scarf. I'm in the middle of one right now, as well, and I'm a bit perturbed at how *long* it's taking to finish it! Ugh.

Thanks for your comment on my blog! :)

Unknown said...

Be careful now that you have a Target. I don't know how they do it but before Control The Clutter, I'd go in for cat food and leave with $100 worth of stuff. The clothes are fashionable (if not durable). And they have EVERYTHING. Ours has a Starbucks too. Love that...

And, it goes without saying, that Wollmeise is GORGEOUS!

Glad work's better for you!

Kim said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog. Now that I found yours it is bookmarked! I really like your blog and it is so newsy....a Starbucks inside the new Target??!! Woo-hoo! Love the Noro scarf you are knitting. Is that the feather and fan pattern? Hope to see you again at Libby's shop.

KnittingMoose said...

Hi Kris!

I too am enjoying the fall colors...my favorite time of year by far. Gorgeous view in your backyard, wow! I can't wait to get my hands on some of that famous Wollemeise someday too...enjoy!